What to do if Your Car is Stolen
- Contact the police immediately to file a stolen vehicle report.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim within 24 hours of the time when you discovered your vehicle was stolen.
- Contact the police and your insurance company immediately when/if your vehicle is located.
- Inform the Police if you have any GPS tracking systems installed and provide the Police with the login information.
- Report the stolen car to Digitpol and request the car to be entered to the International Stolen Car Database. https://digitpol.com/register-a-stolen-car/
- Request Digitpol to conduct a search for the car.
If your vehicle / car is stolen you need to report the theft immediately to the nearest police station and then contact Digitpol to assist in the search by listing the car stolen in our database or searching for the vehicle. As soon as the theft is reported to the police, the Police issues an International warrant based on the VIN and License plate. The vehicle is then wanted internationally and on the Interpol SMV database. In some cases, Digitpol provides operational support with the Search and Recovery.